Ray School Local School Council Meeting
Thursday, November 10, 2016 @7:45 am, Ray cafeteria
- Call to order & LSC roll call. Attendees: Megan Thole, Silvia Arbelaez-Ellis, Kara Scott, Ramona Burress, Anita Walker, Eleni Lemberis (arrived after started), Sonia Vergara (arrived after started). Absent: Andy Carter, Fran Grossman, Scott Shurtliff, Megan Kruis, Total: 5, Quorum not met. Begun at 7:50 am
- Approve agenda.
- Principal report; votes on budget and related items.
Megan: We just had school development day and the ILT led it. Any teacher can be on ILT.
Curriculum. Ray was selected with CPS and UChicago to get best practices for Math instruction K-5 either one-on-one coaching or group meetings.
Chicago ROAR (antiracism collation). 2.5-hour training on the School Improvement Day.
Restorative Practices still going on in school
Attendance: Trending higher than before.
Eleni joined at 7:55am; Sonia joined at 7:57 am (Total 7; Quorum met)
Staffing: Need to hire 2 Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teachers. Very hard to get this position with the certification. 1 need to hire multi-sensory teacher. Interviews are underway.
- Budgets –
- Where do we get extra funds?
- We have about $100,392 in funds available.
- We have about $30,414 in 20th day adjustment (SGSA funds): that will go to online subscriptions; Professional development; After School Pay for Staff (have funds to maintain and not really to build); Science supplies; ESL texts.
Kara Moves to approve the funds; Eleni seconded; All in favor: Unanimous (7).
Silvia: Can we add the Principal Report online? Megan: I don’t think it should be a problem.
- LSC announcements, including committee reports if applicable.
Eleni: PPLC met with ILT and led Professional Development this year.
- Opportunity for public comment* (None)
Enter Closed Discussion:
- Discuss LSC parent representative candidates (closed session)
Ronisha Preckwinkle, Joy Richardson, Terri Roback-Smith
Enter Open Discussion.
VII. Vote for replacement of vacant LSC parent representative position
Eleni moves and Anita seconds to approve Ronisha Preckwinkle for the parent LSC position.
All in favor (7).
VIII. Vote to approve previous minutes. TABLED
- Adjourn at 8:30pm.