A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Minutes- July 7, 2016 Organizational Meeting

Ray School Local School Council Meeting
Annual Organizational Meeting
Thursday, July 7th @6 pm, Ray cafeteria
I. Call to order & LSC roll call (Silvia). Began at 6:04p
In Attendance: Fran Grossman, Silvia Arbelaez-Ellis, Kara Scott,, Eleni Lemberis, Scott Shurtliff, Andy Carter, Sonia Vergara, Eleni Lemberis, Megan Kruis. Absent: Anita Walker, Mosea Harris, Ramona Burress, Megan Thole. Attend: 9 (Quorum met).

II. Approve Agenda (Silvia). Andy moves to approve agenda, Scott seconds. Unanimous

III. Nominations and Selection of Chairperson (Note: At this point, the newly-elected Chairperson presides at meeting and assumes his/her new duties.) Fran volunteers Silvia, Andy Moves, Sonia Seconds. In Favor 7; Abstain 1; No-0s

IV. Nominations and Selection of the Secretary (Note: At this point, the newly-elected Secretary assumes responsibility for taking the minutes of the meeting.) Fran moves for Kara to be secretary, Andy Seconds. Unanimous in Favor

V. Nominations and Selection of the Vice-Chair [Optional]. Silvia motions for Ramona to be Vice-Chair. Eleni Seconds. In Favor: Unanimous

VI. Nominations and Selection of FOIA/OMA, if needed. .Kara motions for Ramona to be FOIA/OMA Officer. Andy Seconds. In Favor: Unanimous.

VII. Set Regular Meetings Schedule for School Year. We have two proposed schedules, both on the 2nd Thursday of the month (8/11, 9/8, 10/13, 11/10, 12/8, 1/12, 2/9, 3/9, 4/6 (4/13 is Spring Break), 5/11, 6/8):
1. Option 1: 6 pm at Ray Cafeteria
2. Option 2: Meet at 6 pm on Aug., Oct., Dec., Feb., Apr., June.
Meet at 7:45 am on Sep., Nov., Jan., Mar., May. All meetings at Ray Cafeteria.
Fran: motions that Option 2 of the 6pm and 7:45am meetings. Andy Seconds. Unanimous in Favor

VIII. Vote to approve previous minutes. TABLED.

IX. Opportunity for public comment*
Andy: I’d like to do a report on the Garden Committee. The Gardeneers are really super and they come 3 times a week to work on the garden, including water. We have a Garden Work day set for Fri, July 15. We will be moving chips and weeding. Also that I’m really excited about, and I have to give credit to Fran. About 2 years ago she put me in touch with Robert Neville of KAMII’s Garden. I’ve been doing work there and they have agreed to do a Service Day at Amanda’s Garden. He will provide 4 raised beds/ horse troughs (donation of these) and work to get those going. They will have a service day on Sat, July 30th.

Fran: Raise Your Hand is having a budget meeting with Omar Komarr on July 18 at Amundsen. I am speaking with Willie Cochran, head of LSC Relations to try and get this on the south side.
Andy: If anyone knows of volunteers who would like to water the new plants on 57h St.

X. Adjourn at 6:27pm.

*Each member of the public that wishes to speak is asked to do so within 2 minutes or less.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>